N-N-N-N Covid Nineteen.

Squid Games

Sid James

Face masks

Halloween.


Night clubs

Late Pubs

Covid

Vaccine.


Ryanair

Insan speir

Tubs on telly

Squeaky clean.


Wash your hands

Watch the bands

It’s like

Twenty nineteen.


“We’re almost back to normal”

Says everyone you meet.

Flying, watching, drinking

Isn’t it a treat?


Careful though

Not so fast

Maintain your healthy

Chores.


The men in suits

Who deal in truths

Will have you back 

Indoors.


No looking, talking, touching.

No kissing or breathing too.

No hands on someone’s shoulders

No humanity for you.


Unless they say it’s OK

In groups of three or under.

They’ll let you know the best day

For all to fall asunder.


“I’m vaxed” “I’m safe”

I can sit in the pub.

With my documents 

To prove it.


I’ve earned 

My new freedoms

Please Sir

Don’t remove it.


No comments:

Post a Comment